Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve pretty much completely torn down the ATV I’ve been working on for a local nonprofit horse rescue. It’s a 2003 450ES 4x4. The rescue bought it brand new, but since so many people used it, the keys got lost years ago. One of the volunteers, most likely someone who was performing community service, “fixed it” by jimmy rigging an on/off switch and a button to start it. Ive been maintaining it for the past several years, and haven’t let anyone else touch it, but there was finally an issue that needed a certified honda mechanic to look at. The guy told me that in order for him to troubleshoot, everything had to first be set to factory specs, ie-the jimmy rig starter setup had to be repaired, and the “dash” had to be functioning.

so i figured out why nothing was showing on the dash (the ODO, the mph, the gear, etc), and am awaiting the replacement part, and i installed the new ignition switch with the key, so things at the front of the ATV are moving right along, however my problem is that at the rear, where the electric starter wires attach from the wiring harness and to starter magnetic switch - there is a white plastic connector, and i dont know what it’s called. The tweeker who worked on it had cut the wires and removed half of the plug-in connector.

the photo is of the two cut wires that need to have a white end on them, so i can plug them into the other half. I dont know what the white connectors are called, and i need to order the part. Does anyone have any ideas???

·
Premium Member
6,220 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, you nailed it! THANK YOU! Just ordered one today. I actually also found just the wiring with the end on it for like $5 less, but am replacing the whole thing instead. I ordered a Chinese knock off with a lifetime warranty, which was around $15, because the OEM would’ve been $50, and the ATV belongs to a nonprofit horse rescue (ie: they’re flat ass broke). Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts