Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the 4wheeler back together from taking the clutch kit out and it will not run. its starts fine and everything but when i put it in gear it jumps into gear then stalls. i have no idea what this is and i do not have the time to take it apart and see what it is. i am thinking that the linkage for the shifter is not right, what do you think? if someone could please tell me whats wrong with it, it would be great! the sooner i can find out what it is the better. thanks for all your help in advance.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
if you feather the throttle can you keep it running?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no but it does not stall going in reverse but it just starts to go backwards.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is not dis-engaging. Like starting a straight shift in gear. You might want to back into the clutch and start looking around.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bigvick that is what i was also thinking but i was just hoping not because i didnt want to tear it all apart again. but its all tore apart again and i am just going to go get a clutch puller from a honda dealer so i can look in the clutch. i was talking to myers4712 and he said that maby some springs came loose, that could also be a posibility. i gess i will just have to look at it when i get the clutch out.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am almost possitive that the sprag clutch it with the outside facing up because i double checked. so i gess the the springs maby came out. thanks HM for answering i was hoping you would charm in because if i cant figure something usually other people dont know for sure eather.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i took the clutch apart and this is what i found (yes you can make fun of me for doing this) when i put the sprag clutch in i put in in the clutch snd i was suppost to put it in the clutch bowl, so that made the sprag clutch upside down i just wanted to tell you all what i found and thanks for all the replys.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It don't matter Mad Mudder... As long as it's nothing big.. Well..Good to know it will be fixed soon..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.