Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever changed grips on their grips on their foreman..i got some of the spider gel grips today..the ends are sealed on the spider grips unlike the stock grips..do i take the end peice off that's on the handle bar now and not put it back on..also what should i put on the new grips to get them to slide on the handle bars..??they don't go on so easy...

also the new grips are about 1/4" shorter than the stock ..does this matter..??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind..grips installed

·
Registered
68 Posts
An easy trick is to cut old ones off and use aerosole hair spray like aqua-net to get them on. first you spray a little bit into the grip, and slide it on, let it set for a little while and it will dry like glue. a trick I picked up after years and years of rideing BMX.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So did you end up cutting anything on the grips? I did see in your other post that they did look shorter, did that bother anything or make it fill any different when on the throttle.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I saw this on a guys website one time, and this is easy if you have compressed air. Plug the the hole on one grip with your finger and use an air chuck in the other and they slide right off every time. The air bulges them out and they float right off and you can do the same to reinstall. If that makes sense?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So did you end up cutting anything on the grips? I did see in your other post that they did look shorter, did that bother anything or make it fill any different when on the throttle.
no just had to poke a small hole in each endcap..,the grips are almost a 1/4" shorter, but you really can't feel the difference..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.