Honda Foreman Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So have the engine all assembled and ready for installation, hopefully tomorrow. Have a neighbor thats gonna help, yea I know if I was a real guy I wouldn't need help!! It's a little heavier going back in as the cylinder and head were removed when we took it out. But figured I would prefer being buttoned up so nothing can enter or fall in. As with this whole project I will take it slow and easy and try to remember where all the parts lying around go back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well guys and gals the day has finally arrived, my 450ES lives to fight another war!! Only had one hiccup this morning, when I hooked fuel up to the carb it was leaking out the overflow as fast as it could. I figured the float was stuck so removed the carb, lo and behold somebody had left the drain screw at the bottom open. Closed the screw, put everything back together and with a little coaxing fired up. I started out with short run times and have graduated to driving around up and down shifting. So far I have had no problems, it really runs quieter than before. I have a couple things to play with and adjust, putting it into reverse I need to pull back hard on the brake lever. So after a couple months of fiddling and farting around I can say she lives!! Also after a couple days will put the front parts back together to make it look like a Foreman. Many thanks for all the advise for helping me thru my first tear down and rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well guys and gals the day has finally arrived, my 450ES lives to fight another war!! Only had one hiccup this morning, when I hooked fuel up to the carb it was leaking out the overflow as fast as it could. I figured the float was stuck so removed the carb, lo and behold somebody had left the drain screw at the bottom open. Closed the screw, put everything back together and with a little coaxing fired up. I started out with short run times and have graduated to driving around up and down shifting. So far I have had no problems, it really runs quieter than before. I have a couple things to play with and adjust, putting it into reverse I need to pull back hard on the brake lever. So after a couple months of fiddling and farting around I can say she lives!! Also after a couple days will put the front parts back together to make it look like a Foreman. Many thanks for all the advise for helping me thru my first tear down and rebuild.
Good job.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great news and I bet that gives you a real good feeling knowing that you worked through it all and succeeded! I've been meaning to do a few things on mine. Do we need to make an appointment to bring ours over or should we just show up with a 12 pack?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Great news and I bet that gives you a real good feeling knowing that you worked through it all and succeeded! I've been meaning to do a few things on mine. Do we need to make an appointment to bring ours over or should we just show up with a 12 pack?
I'll let you discuss that with my wife...lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I have done some riding and felt it was a little sluggish when accelerating. After some consultation it was determined I had not been doing a decent job breaking the engine in. I have been babying it too much, so I took it for a 45 minute ride and gave it a harder workout. Lots of up and downshifting and putting a load on the engine. I needed to heat the oil and the engine up to a better operating temp. And by golly after warming up the sluggish acceleration was not there anymore, very responsive. I need to do another one or two to get it broken in, then I will change oil and filter.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts