Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked all over for a fuel filter I cannot find one this machine runs like a gem until lately you have to drive with a choke on it misses spits and sputters I need help please

·
Registered
34 Posts
Give that carb a good cleaning, I bet there's a clogged jet in there somewhere.
Good luck with this, we can help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put some sea foam and dry gas in the tank, may be some octane booster also and try to run the gas out of it. Then put in some ethanol free gas in and see if it straightens out. Ethanol gas is a real problem and water in the gas. It happened to me this past summer with my motorcycle when I tried to cut corners and run Supreme grade ethanol gas in my bike and must have got too much water because most people don't pump the supreme grade. After I added sea foam, dry gas,and octane booster the bike run like a raped ape and I run ethanol free ever since with no problems!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m with country boy on this one start simple with a additive to fuel I have had good luck with Lucas not the fuel treatment but the deep clean. He is right Yamaha used to recommend 87 instead of 93 on the skis because they said water content was higher on high test way back before the ethanol days. Even if this works though seems like I always had to revisit problem once tank ran out. So at least you be sure it is fuel related. I would go with carb clean it is not as hard as it sounds. If I can do it so can you. Let us know what is happening if you have to do we can advise step by step. You don’t have to pay $105 an hour to some shop. Keep us posted it helps everyone who stumbles on this thread

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have heard it said that 87 octane ethanol gas is only good for about 30 days before it starts to break down so never keep it around for long with out stabilizer in it. I always keep stabilizer, carb. cleaner, dry gas, and octane booster in my shop. I never seen a small engine that didn't run with more power with higher octane fuel. At the end of every summer season I switch all my equipment over to ethanol free high octane with stabilizer because I get tired of carb problems and having to fix equipment when I should be using it. It might cost a few dollars more but my time is valuable when I have too many irons in the fire. Like the old saying goes. ( If you want to play you have to pay ) Good luck and happy motoring!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts