Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Honda Forman rubicon 500 and it is flashing D1,D2 and ESP while driving. It has no power in reverse and putt putt putts in reverse.
I did the code thing and it flashes all D1, D2 and ESP twice then break then twice again so I replaced the speed sensor with no luck.
Checked the connector for the speed sensor and it looks good with no corrosion
Help need some guidance or ideas.
Tks,
Matt

· Registered
15 Posts
Try resetting the ECM and go from there. I had that on my 2003. Took it to a Dealer and 1st time they said loose/corroded connector. It worked for a few miles. Took it back to the Dealer and they replaced the angle sensor. Problem came back. This was over two years as my Rube stays at my Camp 8 hours away most of the year. Tried a new dealer this past fall. They replaced the ECM and properly indexed the angle sensor. 100 miles later no issues. I also had them adjust the valves which resulted in a much improved starting routine.
Zero out the ECM by resetting it and then take notice of the codes you are getting. I had an 11 then a 10. Also put dielectric grease on all connectors (lightly), If you have a service manual go through the troubleshooting procedures to narrow down the codes. Lots of You Tube videos on this. Good luck.

· Registered
311 Posts
Just be aware that first year Rubicons have known transmission failures. I know this since I own one and went through lots of troubleshooting, hoping it was electrical. In the end it needed over 2 grand spent to get a new Hondamatic for it to run properly. Since newer quads are so expensive, it was worth it since the Honda is a great machine and wasn't worn out. Hope you find a fix and it doesn't break the bank!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts