Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my foreman a couple of months ago and I see there's a sticker on the right hand side under the handle bars that says "Helmet Holder" but I don't see anything that would hold my helmet there. Is there a part missing, or is it just me that missing something?

·
Registered
282 Posts
can't help you on that one. I have a 2004 450ES and it doesnt have anything about "Helmet Holder" on it. May be a sticker someone just stuck on there. IDK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure it's a factory sticker, at least it looks likes it. But on second thought I did but the quad from a decal maker, so....you never know.

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
That might be something on the Canadian models. Usually all it amounts to is a little metal hook on top of the steering shaft to hang the strap on.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
There is a small bracket under there with a small hook on it. my bike has it also as do most all other honda's. It's nothing fancy and it's only for temp use while parked. You use one of the rings on your helmet strap to hang it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's funny, I have always wondered the same exact thing about mine. I have never actually seen the 'holder' that the sticker mentions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Little hook

You would hardly notice the hook. On mine the sticker was long gone but while washing it the cloth hung on. Didn't really pay it any attention till I seen your post. now we both kown.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to have to take another look at it tonight, see if I can find this thing once and for all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 86' there is a helmet holder and I FINALLY after years of wondering figured that out. There is a keyd piece under the handle bar. You hook your helmet on the hook. Then turn the bars all the way to the right and that locks the helmet d ring and allows for keyd piece to be turned locking the handle bars in that position. I always thought something was supposed to pop out to do the same thing but it was seized until I happened to have the bards turned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts