Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2007 honda rancher 420 4x4 that won’t start! m getn spark, getn fuel, motor turning over, everything comes on wen key is in on possession, kill switch in on poss, but the wheeler jus won’t fire up! i’ve tried jus about everything in my arsenal i kno, m jus askn if anyone out dar knows or has an idea of wat it can be or wat m not doin! if so, (PLEASE send message back!) m missing out on a lot of trail time, while the rest are getn out and dirt, playn around and having fun!

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried a new spark plug? This cold weather it doesn't take much to fowl out the plug and even though it fires good it won't start the machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too deep

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried a new spark plug? This cold weather it doesn't take much to fowl out the plug and even though it fires good it won't start the machine.[/QUOTE=tried that too, ok it had sat for about 9 months, thinking of taken off carb next, mite have deposit build up!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
, well if the atv sat for months, have you drained the tank and started with NEW fresh fuel
ethanol fuel can go BAD in a few week, never mind months!

and most defiantly I would be doing a full carb tear down and cleaning, HECK might even replace fuel line to rule out it being dirty inside
possibly same with fuel tank, as if crap is in tank, cleaning a carb is a waste of time, will just get dirty again once you run it
or adding a inline fuel filter after cleaning carb !

also, have you tired using starting fluid JUST to see if it runs??
as you didn;t list how many miles or hours on motor or its sue
timing chains are known to stretch and cause things to get out of time on motors that seem lots of use or HARD use?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts