Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, on "the good one" my left grip quit working. Started checking into it and the wires on the left grip detached from the grip. Given that this particular machine has practically no miles on it and the grips weren't put on until late 2013- early 2014, I called Symtec about getting a replacement grip.

I was offered a single replacment clamp-on grip for $33 (they no longer make the slip on style), or told I could buy a new set.

New set of grips is $44 shipped on Amazon, so would be foolish to buy a single, non-matching grip for 75% of that price.

Anyhow, kind of disgusted with Symtec now. Anyone used another brand of grips? Looks like Kolpin makes a set, along with Western, Koso, Bikemaster, and a couple of others.

What are yall using?

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
I use the moose (symtec) grips and have for years. Never had any major issues with them. I use the pad style instead of the whole grip.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I cut the grip open and soldered the wires back in place, and it works for now. There were tiny metal loops and the wires were crimped into the loops and apparently pulled out. Not a real secure way to hook the wires up IMO.

I need a set for the 06 and the wife's rig. I think I might try some that go inside the bar and keep the factory grips. That what you're talking about toodeep, or do yours go outside the bar and under the grip?

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
toodeep this is the set I have on my rubicon ......they work great and is better then the ones that you cant change grips .......look on ebay there are quite afew out there cheaper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts