Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 recon, long story short, in the process of adding a light bar I have discovered that my factory headlight bulbs are drawing too much voltage. (Battery discharges after a night ride.)With all lights off, stator is producing 14.2 volts at the positive battery terminal while disconnected from the battery. When I turn the lights on, it drops into the low 8’s. I have checked my light bar and it only has a minimal draw (stays in the 13’s). I have cleaned the ground where the electrical system grounds to the frame with no improvement. I have also checked the wiring between the lights. I am getting 14.2 volts up to the connector for the wiring harness for the lights.Does anyone know why these bulbs are drawing so much voltage and what can be done to remedy the problem. I would love to upgrade to some led bulbs which I think would reduce the voltage draw, but so far I haven’t been able to find any.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

My first question would be are the factory headlight bulb really factory, or could they be some aftermarket high wattage bulbs?

I'd also be interested to know if you unhook one or the other what happens to your readings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts