Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a winch switch off of my old Superwinch ATV1500. I am wanting to hook it up to my new cheapo winch from Ebay. I just can't remember what wire goes where! I know that 1 wire comes from the battery, another hot wire goes to the + on the winch, then there is a - from the battery, and then a - goes to the winch. The back of the switch isn't marked and I no longer have my manual for the ATV1500. If anyone happens to have a manual for this winch please look it up for me. Here are a few pics of the backside of the switch and the front also.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Mudlord...That looks like the identical switch that came with my new Venom 3500.. But unfortunately the switch itself is pre-wired. The only wires comming off of the actual switch is a ( red ) wire going to a " hot ", and 2 ( green ) wires with male and female connectors that go the contractor... I will see tomorrow if there is a screw on the back of the switch allowing me to trace the wires for you.. I will have to get into the shrink tubing to find out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, unfortunately that switch has to be hooked up to a contactor. I have one of those switches, but the contactor is shot and I need a quick fix for the weekend. The switch that I took a pic of has 4 terminals on the back, 2 grounds and 2 hots, I just can't remember what wire goes where.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Gotcha... Sorry I can't help on that one.. Have you thought of a regular toggle switch. You will have " IN " capability but will have to manually pull it out. At least this will get you workin' for the weekend...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
OH NO....Zipper comes thru in the clutch....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If he knew which ones were positive and which ones were negative, He may drive a few hundred miles to give you a big sloppy kiss....Ha Ha Ha

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great pics, but I still have no idea where those are going too! LOL

Is the red and blk in the middle coming from the battery??

NEVERMIND I figured it out!! DUH!! Thanks a ton for the pics!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Glad I could help. Sorry about not telling you what wires went to were. LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another question for you though...do you have a small solenoid that attaches to the battery+ terminal? I got the winch hooked up and running, but I think it is draining the battery because I don't have the small solenoid hooked up. It is also making a clicking sound at the winch when I turn the key on. Any thoughts on this?

Russ

·
Registered
94 Posts
I do have a small silver box hooked to the bat. I dont know if it is a fuse or a solenoid. Mine does not make a noise when I turn on the key.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.