Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I just bought some 27" Dirt Devils for my 450. I noticed that they rub just a little when turning going down hill. I have read about a kit that makes the Foreman handle better by repositioning the attatchment points of the shocks. It also happens to give about a 2" lift. Has anyone tried anything like that or can you recommend a lift?

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks a lot like the kit I read about but it is a different company. It should give at least a 1" lift.

Dan

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
do you have a link to the one you had found?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have that perfex kit on my 450 and love it, it gives around 1 inchof lift and softens the ride. well worth the $90.00

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
QUOTE ("foreman lover":3p57xgyd)
I have that perfex kit on my 450 and love it, it gives around 1 inchof lift and softens the ride. well worth the $90.00
Do you have a picture of this installed on your Foreman? I'd like to see how it looks in the rear and on the front. I'm worried about that bigass silver bar collecting mud and generally just getting in the way, but if it softens my ride some...it might be worth it for only $90.

Please send me a few pics if you can.

thanks - [email protected]

·
Registered
548 Posts
I will get some pics up asap, will need to clean it first. as for the "bar"the only thing it does is collect grass and such, but no more than the rear axle does. About getting in the way, not at all, I did have to move the rear brake vent line that lays on top of the swing arm (right side), actually just needed to bend the bracket that holds the vent line down alittle. The front, same thing doesnt get in the way or collect anything extra that wouldnt normally get trapped by the shock. Took all of 20-30 mins to install. Better yet Ill get some pics of it dirty so you can see what Im talking about. Should be up soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the Boivin system is the one I read about. I was wondering if some of the other kits accomplish the same thing.

Dan

·
Registered
548 Posts
PICS OF THE PERFEX KIT ARE NOW IN MY PHOTO ALBUM. As you can see by the pics the kit does not collect any extra "trash", the rear does get some grass/weeds, but the axle and brakes collect alot more. All the snow (the white stuff for those of you that dont get any) on the rear diff is because of the diff skid not the Perfex kit. There is nothing in the front to collect anything. The only draw back is that you have to drill a small hole in your swing arm to put a bolt thru, (see pic) this bolt is to control side to side movement of the shocks now that they are taken off the solid mount point on the axle and put on the bar.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Dan, check out Robbs post with the big pic of the kit and click the link under the pic, it is basicaly the same kit. This one just looks a whole lot easier to install and I think looks better.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm curious to see if the ride quality is dramatically improved.

ForemanLover- What was all that white stuff under your bike?
We don't get that down here. I did see a little when I was in Manchester for Christmas.

Do you use your bike to plow? The small lift sould help there.

·
Registered
548 Posts
No I just play with it no plowing. You should see how much we have now!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well I'm glad to see there is more than just me with priorities in line.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
It looks simple enough. Stainless is nice. Personally I think most lifts put the front CVs at too much of an angle, which will lead to increased wear. I think the Perfex kit is the best. By relocating te shocks it increase travel, ride quality and lifts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts