Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm looking for a rifle rack for the front of my 2007 Foreman 500. Specifically I'm looking for a quick access rifle rack that will allow me to attach my AR-15 securely to the front rack, but also allow me to get to it easily and quickly if I see a coyote or such in the field. Anybody know of any such mounts that might work?

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
I dont know of a rack that is going to be that easy. Most have some sort of bungy strap that holds the rifle in place. Maybe a sling like the military uses that keeps at your chest. Just a thought

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that too but I don't want the rifle beating the crap outta me when I ride. I have been looking at the Koplin and Mad Dog brands from cabelas. Might go with something like that. Just wondering if there is anything else out there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have just the standrad moose gun rack on mine... the 2 seperate pieces that just hold the rifle in place with each having a securing strap as well. I can strap one side and never have a problem. when I need my rifel I can reach up an unstrap the other side and have it shouldered in a matter of seconds. Really no need for anything faster.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Well the gun grips I have on mine holds my long guns just fine. I tried to put my AR in them and the mag hits the front fender before it rest in the grips. I tried it turned over and the scope hits it. So with the set up I have the grip style holder does not work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I didn't think of the magazine and handle sticking down..... hmmmm. what about mounting the grip style mounts on your handle bars so that the magazine well and pistol grip are in between the empty space in your handle bars?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my AR doesn't have a scope so maybe it will work out. Eventually I'm gonna make a choice and buy a rack to try out and see how well it really works.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
if the mag hits the finder then ether cary 10 round clips instead of a 30 or somehow make a riser for each grip so they set higher off the rack, just a thought

·
Registered
110 Posts
How many rounds do you need in the mag to go hunting? With a 30 rounder full I'd assume you miss a lot ;). Just kidding. The ratchet claw ones don't seem to have easy access but the y ones wih the strap over seem to hold the rifle fine unstrapped going slow.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
How many rounds do you need in the mag to go hunting? With a 30 rounder full I'd assume you miss a lot ;). Just kidding. The ratchet claw ones don't seem to have easy access but the y ones wih the strap over seem to hold the rifle fine unstrapped going slow.
Dont assume anything.....What are you trying to do? Make me spend more money on my toys. LOL, Good point, Ill check into a smaller clip.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just get a beta mag, Tank... 100 rounds and shorter (but wider) than a standard ar mag lol

I myself prefer my 30 round Pmags and my surefire 60 rounders. And no I don't need all those bullets to hit what I am shooting at normally lol

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
With a Beta mag Ray Charles could probably take out a yote or a pig..

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have a Koplin 5.0 gun boot that attaches on the right side of my rear rack. You can see the bracket it connects to in my photos. When I go turkey hunting, I put my shot gun in it but leave the back cap off so I can pull the gun out quick. I also do this with my rifle. I'll try and get some pics for ya if ya want.

·
Registered
356 Posts
A 7.5" Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt, 255 grain semiwadcutter at 900 fps in a cross draw holster is the most comfortable and fast to powder rig I know of for pigs as you ride. Out to 75 yards, it's as good as the user...

I'd surmise that if you are riding hard enough for the gun to beat you poopless, you probably won't see much to shoot at anyway.

Slip through the woods and fence lines on a super quiet, super muffled rig at low rpm, and often you'll drive surprisingly close before anything spooks. In anyevent you'll see a LOT of game you never knew was there with a stock muffler.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have pistols, but if I wanted to use a pistol I would just carry one in a hip holster. I want the rifle or shotgun for coyotes and crows and such that pop up while I ride. I prefer the range and ease of aiming provided by the larger rifle platform. And I don't wear a plate carrier when I ride, so yeah, a rifle on a sling would not be comfortable at all. Been there and done that before, not gonna try again lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
Heck, you can always go to Red Jacket and have them hook you up with this beauty.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will never send my hard earned money to those morons at red jacket. I hate that show and the image it shows the ignorant public of the gun industry.... But that's neither here nor there...

·
Registered
973 Posts
I will never send my hard earned money to those morons at red jacket. I hate that show and the image it shows the ignorant public of the gun industry.... But that's neither here nor there...
LMBO! So tell us how you really feel, lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts