Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of their gpscape? any input as to if its worth the extra $$ to get it. I have called virtually every honda dealer in my area and nobody has one and most dealers said nobody even wants this feature. I think its an awesome thing to have as I have a garmin streemap gps in my truck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
What is this, i've never heard of it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will get you a picture. I think it is worth the $200 or so they price it at. It is not a high tech mapping type GPS, mostly just an arrow with point to point back tracking capability. You can enter waypoints manually, but I have a handheld with mapping and all the popular features. The factory one does not display elevation, or show your latitude longitude on the screen, it does have a compass that works great. I use mine alot on single track trails if we are going to double back after dark, its right there in front of you, all you do is keep selecting the next lower number waypoint and follow the arrow (just mark waypoints at each turn on the trail) back to where you are going. I do as most that have this feature, carry my handheld to map trails, check elevation, speed, and such but I do like the factory for the convience and simplicity of the design. Well thought out in my opinion.

·
Registered
343 Posts
QUOTE ("Bigvick":9ix76eu0)
What is this, i've never heard of it?

Ahhh! Now I get it, brain fart. Nevermind, I was thinking of something totally different.

I didn't get it on mine because I already had a handheld gps that I used to use on my dirtbike. For someone that doesn't want the hassle of complicated gps's I think its great. It will at least get you back to the truck!

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
I really like mine along with my E-Trex

I always lock in the W/P at the stage
so I can always see where the truck it at

This also free's up the E-Trex for a little
GEOCACHE FUN

It would be hard to live without it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is my 2 cents in regards to my GPScape Rubi. This feature is very usless in most cases. If you take the same $200 that people are saying is the price difference to get the feature, you can get a real nice handhelp mapping garmin etrex with color screen. I use GPS daily for my living, pilot, this unit on the Honda is a Pointer and distance type GPS, which works well in a helicopter beacuse you can follow the arrow in a straight line. There are not too many areas that I know of that you can hop on your quad and drive straight to destination. It's accurate as any gps, but as stated the prob is it tells you where you must go to get there, not the way to get there. Get a Garmin Etrex Mapping unit, you will love it. PM if you need furthur. Most any new gps today saves a track log automatically with tens of thousands of points. When you are done, you select backtrack and it follows every turn you made to get there with a few feet of accuracy. It's like the old story book with the bread crumbs. With the gpscape, you can sort of do this but you must manually enter a point, you only have 100 avail and it's very manual, real easy to overwrite the last one you entered by mistake as well.

Bruiser

The attached picture I got off the net. I suspect its from a Black Rincon. Note the arrow with the 3 tails, that is the pointed required direction and below it you see 3-0.10. That means that what ever you saved as point #3 is 0.10 miles or kilometers depending on country the bike is intended for. Another down fall is you must remember what each numbered point is linked to. You cannot name it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tyres

QUOTE ("Eric":3w0m1nrv)
I know if it was offered on the 500ES I would of got it. I can't understand why it isn't offered for the 500, a lot of people use them for hunting.
Hello Eric ! I have seen wonderful tyres on Your Honda, could You give some information about them (producer, model etc.)

·
Registered
317 Posts
the tires on his quad are bi/tri claws made by mud machines i do belive can get them through high lifter not on their site as far as i know though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.