Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 foreman with 28" Mudlites. I recently broke a CV axle and was wondering if it was worth the money to buy Gorrilla axles instead of OEM. Anyone have them?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have them they are good i like them i havent had any problems with them yet at all

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you break the stock one? Do you have a lift on yours?

·
Registered
744 Posts
yeah i broke 3 stock axels in a matter of 4 months and no i dont have any lift at all

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Foreman is only about four months old. The 28s have been on there about three weeks. This was the first serious mud hole that I went through. Ive got a high lifter lift kit on mine. It didnt take much to snap the stock axle. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
did u snap the shafts themselfs or the cv joints what im doin sincec i only broke the cv joint is goin wiht a gorilla rebuild

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I snaped the outer joint. I just decided to spend the money and buy the whole axle though. What size tires you running? Do you have a lift?

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you have a cv shop around you they can rebuild your outer shaft should only be between 40 and 60 bucks.

i have 28 12 1/2 12 outlaws on my bike since february and havent had a problem yet i also have a highlifter lift kit and lift springs in the rear

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have stock axles still? It didnt take much stress for mine to break. Ive got 28x12s all the way around with the lift.

·
Registered
317 Posts
well when i broke my outter cv joint i was runnin 25" dirt devils and i have a lift

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im probably going to take the lift off the rear of mine. Ive heard a lot of people are breaking rear u-joints and driveshafts because of the angle. I dont need to clear the tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i still have the stock axles and havent had any problems yet.

I think it is all the way that a person rides i like to creep through things so i dont have much stress

with momentum you can get through anything but try and crawl through and see what happens

·
Registered
744 Posts
Most of my problems with breaking axels is that i dont know when to stop and just hook up a strap

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sometimes when you just creep you dont have enough wheel speed so you end up getting stuck more easily

·
Registered
744 Posts
QUOTE ("Blue5004x4":2bi9t121)
Sometimes when you just creep you dont have enough wheel speed so you end up getting stuck more easily

Yes but it all depends on what kind of mud u are dealing with creeping through stuff does work alot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.