Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning first thank you for including me in this forum. I've been lurking for a while now, but thought I would share a little. I bought a 2007 Rubicon a few months ago as a Christmas present for myself and my grandson. The day after Christmas he somehow managed to roll it in the front yard. My wife wasn't a happy camper(she is a little more than over-protective of the grandchildren) nothing hurt except his pride. Just a quick reminder of how quick things can happen. He wasn't doing anything crazy just turned too sharp on a heavy bike. I think he was just too over confident because I had told him the bike wasn't that fast. The bike wasn't hurt either, this is one of the reasons I bought a Honda they take a beating. One thing that came out of it was, this brought him back to earth a little. He was amazed at how quick this bike rolled and that he couldn't drive through it or get back under the oversteer. Anyway just a quick story to show the young ones. Have a great rest of the holidays. Again thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might want to add some wheel spacers behind all 4 wheels. They start at 1” wide and go up from there, they will give you more stability.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning first thank you for including me in this forum. I've been lurking for a while now, but thought I would share a little. I bought a 2007 Rubicon a few months ago as a Christmas present for myself and my grandson. The day after Christmas he somehow managed to roll it in the front yard. My wife wasn't a happy camper(she is a little more than over-protective of the grandchildren) nothing hurt except his pride. Just a quick reminder of how quick things can happen. He wasn't doing anything crazy just turned too sharp on a heavy bike. I think he was just too over confident because I had told him the bike wasn't that fast. The bike wasn't hurt either, this is one of the reasons I bought a Honda they take a beating. One thing that came out of it was, this brought him back to earth a little. He was amazed at how quick this bike rolled and that he couldn't drive through it or get back under the oversteer. Anyway just a quick story to show the young ones. Have a great rest of the holidays. Again thanks.
Thanks for the reminder! New guy here but thought that I would throw in my 2 cents. 4wheelers can be very useful, a great way to enjoy the outdoors and enjoy a little adrenaline rush. However, things happen fast! I hunt in an area with rough terrain and there have been 4 deaths in the last 15 years or so. I have had accidents without goofing off. Do not let complacency get you hurt! Safe Riding

·
Registered
11 Posts
Practice makes perfect safety first solid axles are more tippy than independent rear suspension. This is a 600-pound machine you need to be an adult male to throw these around. Just take it easy grandson 💙 pick a better line next time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts