Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, first post in here.
I have a 2002 Honda TRX500FA Rubicon. My son and his friend recently snorkeled it and everything was fine for their first trip, but then the second trip he said the display goes out and the wheeler will not come out of first gear. After it sits for a bit, it fires right back up and works again. Any ideas as to why the water is effecting the display. He said they have checked all the electrical connections and everything was tight. I have put dielectric grease on every plug on the wheeler as I got in as a project. (previous owner wanted to replace the frame and never finished it). I basically put the entire bike back together and replaced the wiring harness and many other parts. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, This weekend I went out and I am not getting any kind of code from the display. Where it would say the gear is just 2 dashes and they never stop blinking. The D1,D2,ESP are constantly flashing as well. I tried to replace the shift sensor and that didn't help at all. I then jumped into the book and it said to eliminate the D1,D2 and ESP switch with a meter and it appears to be good there. The manual speaks about doing the same test at the ECU, but I didn't see the same wires at the ECU plug as they mention in the book. I have a brand new wiring harness that has maybe 5 days of riding on it. I am thinking the angle sensor or the ECU itself. Any one have any other tips? These are both rather inexpensive (ATV was free), but I do not really want to waste $86 bucks or $260. I have no ATV experience on troubleshooting and would appreciate any and all help. TooDeep you still active on here????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts