Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at all the threads we have :rant dedicated to all the different types of hunting we do. I just thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can come and talk about everything hunting. A place where we can share our hunting stories and/or pictures of our and/or family and friends harvest. Talk about the next best thing on the market for hunting that we either bought or looking at buying. Modifications that have been done to our Honda ATV’s for hunting. This is the place for all of our hunting talk. Honda ATV’s helping us get it done. :happy

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well, I just got done making a Venison chili with the 50lb doe I got with a bow this year :) No add ons for me but will probably get bow mount for upcoming year

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Does using a car count???? lol I have taken care of a couple doe this year so far if it does... Coming home last week I bet there was a couple hundred deer standing out in the field by my house. They are well fed and thick around here.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, yeah I guess, lol. If you want to classify hitting them with the car. Kinda takes the hunt out of though, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
good idea! who is ready for turkey season?

·
Registered
762 Posts
good idea! who is ready for turkey season?
With this crazy weather and all the snow melting it has got me ready. I need to buy a turkey choke and some new camo this year.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Shoot turkeys in sc will be done breeding by the time the season opens.. might as well cancel it... Here is a pic from the trail cam... Its almost heart breaking...

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
@ Benji. That will get you blood flowing right there. By the looks of the recent burn, deer season should be good in those mature pines too.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
wow! i just bought new camo last month gander mountain had 50% off alot of there camo gear. and i think this year im gonna try and take a thunder chickin with my bow lol i might have to use my shot gun in the end but we will see haha

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shoot turkeys in sc will be done breeding by the time the season opens.. might as well cancel it... Here is a pic from the trail cam... Its almost heart breaking...

I about white washed the computer screen when I saw this pic, :lol:. You're right Benji. With the way the weather has been around here they'll for sure be done with breeding by April. Three tom's already strutin' in this pic. I went by a field the other day when it was about 70 degrees and saw four or five out there strutin' for the ladies. Might have to go down around Charleston on March 15th and try and bag a bird or two B).

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
in illinois all the turkey and deer are stuck in the wheat fields that have nice tender green wheat... and they aint leaving

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
well just to add a pic or two
here is a buck I shot in late season archery here in PA, shot jan 8th

and then a trail cam pic of him, , I have tons of trail cam pic's of this buck, actually planned to let him go, but some jerk shot him in the ass with a 22 twice, so he came out limping, so I tagged him, would have liked to see what he became next yr, but?? too late now!

and last a pic of bear that just doesn't seem to want to den this yr

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Snowshoe hares are in season.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
mrbb that bick is still a good buck, a little young but i have no room to talk i shot my first buck with a bow october 7th i have trail cam pics of him and he looks like a shooter then i get him on the ground and in my mind i should have let him walk
464.jpg

buck bow.jpg

really he is my first archery deer so im still proud of him and he is kinda cool lookin

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

160 ALMOST 170 CLASS BUCK

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
DO WHAT? 120 maybe..... But a great deer for a first archery buck. Mine was just a spike, scored 14 5/8. NOW that was a monster....LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well I for one am depressed that duck season is over and that Turkey season is along way off and majorly off schedule. So six of us loaded up in a Polaris Crew Razor with two FoxPro game calls and drove around our 3000 acre lease to do some Crow Bangin yesterday. Defiantly scratched the itch. We had one sit were 250 crows dropped in at once / fast as you can load'um boys. Good times for sure. How do you guys fill the gap?

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Mix up amonium nitrate and aluminum sulfate and blow **** up, basically same as tannerite.

1 - 20 of 332 Posts