Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If you buy one bottle that'll be plenty.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
QUOTE ("Vaughn":2yq6w30g)
THANKS ROB NOW I KNOW JUST HOW MUCH TO BUY. LOL HACK ILL JUST BUY A CASE NOT LIKE THERE NEVER GOING TO GET WATER IN THEM AGAIN.
Do you have to yell?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ha Ha Ha...Robb.. Thats hilarious.. " How much oil does it take....About that much,," Ha Ha Ha

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
OK...The gear oil is changed with the 80w-90 Synthetic. Good stuff. The rear was so clean that I could hardly tell when it was comming out. The front on the other hand.. Well. The first 3 seconds was water.. and then nasty looking stuff came out.

Now, could this be from the front inside CV Boot being torn? Could it have been comming in from there? Or will water not be able to come into the pumpkin from there, but from somewhere else?

If there is anyone that could point me into the right direction Greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
QUOTE ("Truegrit":1f8m9w8v)
One bottle will change both diffs 2 or 3 times. If you have water in them (oil is milky) you need to flush them out as well.

How do you flush them out?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("big_daddy_bigfoot":bhr0z5x4)
How do you flush them out?
You can fill them w/ oil and spin the wheels a bit (I do it on jack stands). Then drain and refill. Repeat that until they are clean. Sometimes I will shoot some WD40 in the fill hole to dissapate the water. I will use gear oil, to flush, if I have extra. If not I'll use cheap motor oil, since there is no real load being applied.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Never mind.. I just left a shop that told me that the front diff is sealled with seals...and that the torn front inside boot would NOT allow water in... This means that the seal is bad or the extended vent hose has allowed water in. Sounds like I got my work cut out for me...Oh Well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.