Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the gear locker is installed on a Foreman 500 with the 4 wheel drive switch to put it in 4 wheel or take it out will it make it all the time 4x4 or will u still have the option of in or out?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You will still have the option of taking it out of 4x4. A locker just sends power to both front tires instead of one.In 4x4 mode it will probably steer harder with a locker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the steering wil be crap but thanks cause my old man is lookin at one and im doin some research on it.. he's got a 450s 4x4 and i no with the locker installed it will be REAL all the time 4x4 thanks again
Chump jr.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
when in in 4x4 the locker acts as a locker when going strait and a limited slip when in the turns making it faily easy to steer but i have no clue what it does nin 2x4

·
Registered
472 Posts
In 2wd it'll be just freewheeling like your normal front end if its a Detroit Gearless Locker, but if its a spool type locker (lots lots cheaper) it'll be full lock 4wd all the time no question, even if you put it in 2wd the front tires will still be locked

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
But if its switchable 2wd/4wd the front end will be locked in but the transfer case will not be turning it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
it depends on the type of locker, on our bikes with a DGL it'll be just like stock, but with a spool the wheels will be locked with no power going to them in 2wd

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
So on ours it will be an electric locker. It locks when you switch in it 4wd? If so I would rather have it where I could have normal 4wd and if I needed all 4wd chew I could switch a button.

·
Registered
472 Posts
hmmmmm that'd have to be like a yami,kawi,ac type locker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.