Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 04 foreman with mudlites, which suck really, really bad. The Vampires are good though. But anyway, I'm looking at new tires and I was thinking either 27" Gators? or Mudbugs?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Gators over mudbugs anyday!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
they are pretty much the same thing, i have gators on my old 300 and they do great but they do wear kind of bad. if it was me i would get the bugs just because people say they wear better but its up to you, they both do great.
-Aaron

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ever think of just getting some 27 vamps for the back?..........also the mud bugs are good tire had them on the back of a racher for about a year and a half befor i sold it and the person still has them on there they still have about 85% of tread

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gators are pretty heavy aren't they? Would I be better with Mudbugs in deep mud?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I turn my gators in the thick just fine with no power mods, but i'm plannin on the same power adders as you to give it a lil more oomph

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will 27" Gators scrub anywhere without a lift?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I love mine too, i have only got stuck one time with them and that was due to bottoming out in soup

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I just ordered my gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Flip I got them way cheaper than any store in my area!! Thanks Flip!!!! 26x10x12 fronts, and 26x12x12 in back for $269.00 to my door!!! I had just priced them at the local farm store and they were going to be $360.00 before taxes. CRAZY! I can't wait, I know they are kinda heavy but the hmf, jet kit and k and n air filter should make up for it, when I get them anyway. I wont be able to sleep now lol.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Wow talk about heavy. The gators weigh 96.2 pounds MORE than the stock tires! But only weigh (the back tires) 12.2 pounds more than the mudlite xl's. I hope the hmf, jet kit and k&n filter will make up for the loss and then some.

·
Registered
744 Posts
96.2 pounds heavier??????????lol

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Dunlop.com says the stock foreman tires weigh 14lbs in front and 18lbs in back. The gators website says the 26x10x12's weigh 26.7 and the 26x12x12 weigh 33.3. If my math is right that makes them 160.2lbs and the stock tires 64lbs. With a difference of 96.2lbs more am I correct?

·
Registered
471 Posts
that sounds like alot. i put my stockers with wheels on scale and just changed them to 27" bi/tri's. there was like 78 pounds difference between the four tires. i used a home scale and subtracted my weight. i thought i had a lota extra weight.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I weighed my stock tires and wheels before I mounted my Mudlites on the factory wheels and then weighed them with the Mudlites mounted ont the stock wheels and I came up with about a 40 pound difference over the stock set up.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I got my gators today but they shipped me one 24x9x11 . Now it will be wendsday before I can try them out.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sorry to hear that man

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It sucks to have something you really want sitting next to your fourwheeler and you cant mount them up and go try them out. A good friend of mine was all ready to mount them for me and we were going to go test them out. MAN THIS SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
did you get them from extreme outdoor products big daddy. if so i think im the only persons order that they didnt screw up on. my brother had the same problem, he ordered 27" mudlites and they sent him 2-26" and 2-27"
well anyways i hope you like the gators as much as i do

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.