Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looknig for a gas rack tank or something to hold a gas can on my rubicon becasue i dont think ill make it through the hole rabbit run.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You don't think i fyou topped off the bike at camp, before you left you could make 20 miles??

Rocky mountain ATV, Cabellas Tucker Rocky all sell similar products. It may be cheaper to get some one gallon cans and strap them to the back rack.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on you know how i use the throttle inexcess lmao

·
Registered
67 Posts
I made a little rack device that holds a gas tank i can post some pics of it if you want

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ive used a small 1 gallon gas jug before,just dont fill it all the way up and strap it to yor rear rack.May smell a little but thats all you need to get ya back sometimes...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea can you post a pic? Well how does the tank not get pressure in it because when i pick up my gas can from out of my truck it slpash's in the can and creates alo of pressure. So i figure on a atv it is gonna do nothing but bounce around a create pressure.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You are right it does build up pressure.I had to do it a couple of times out in the glades.I stopped and opened the vent every couple miles.This is really like a last chance type deal.If you got the xtra money i would buy the small compact one that they sell in the mags tha goes onto your rack.Im still learning computers so I havent figured out the whole picture down loading deal,sorry..

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll get pics up tommorow, i've yet to have any trouble with pressure build up

·
Registered
275 Posts
It did happen to me once,it was like over 90 degrees out at river ranch and I could hear the gas can making a hissing noise.Poss it was due to the heat,thick white sugar sand like the beach and bouncing around alot.But it does work though!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts