Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my snorkel, everything works fine. no leaks. after about an hour of ridin i check the airbox to make sure im not leaking and i have about a table spoon of gas in the airbox... is this common?

also, i ran 1.5" to 2" for the snorkel, it doesnt idle very b/c its getting too much air. when i cover about half of the pipe up with duct tape it runs a little better. is this common too?

any suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Choking off the air flow will make it run ritcher thus giving you a smoother idle try turning out the mixture screw a 1/2 turn to richen it up at idle and then take your tape off the snorkel and see what happens. I could be wrong here so someone can correct me. A little gas in the box maybe from towing it and the snorkel causing a vacume in the airbox pulling gas into it ?? Ther was a post a while back saying this could happen. Hope this helps

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the snorkel caped when i travel so it doesnt creat the vaccum. when i ride for about an hour is when i have the gas in the air box but no water so i know everything is sealed up good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did you stand the bike up or wheelie while riding? Yes what was said above about richening the fuel mixture is right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Almost anytime a carb. 4 wheeler is at an angle it will flow an excess amount of gas than the carb. can handle. If the float is at an excessive angle like tilted almost sideways, then there's going to be so much gas delivered to the carb that the carb drain line can't relive all of it. The teaspoon of gas is more than likely from the water wheelie, Anytime I stand mine straight up or sideways it has a some gas in the airbox, just drain it out, and if it won't start clean the sparkplug up a littlebit. Look at the bright side, at least it wasn't full of water. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah me too UNFORTUNATELY,
pasedena...tx right, were's the best place to go ridin down there?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in crosby off of 2100. there are 2 entrances. saturday night is the best time to go... lots and lots of people out there at that time. its got a bunch of good mud holes and there are also a lot of places to go deep if you want to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've heard that that place out of crosby was a pretty good place I'll have to check it out this summer. How much/ ride & rider?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you go to the entrace off of 2100 its $5 per person. if you go to the entrance off of old hwy 90 its $5 per quad.

its very very easy to get lost out there!!! make sure u are ridding with someone who has been there before.... or just follow the crowd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.