Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 300 fourtrax I've cleaned the carb it runs like a beast but when I run it long it acts like it runs out of gas and I look at the fuel line it has a air bubble in it.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
well maybe replace the fuel line, and does this have a in line fuel filter, and if so, is it on the correct way
is the fuel tank vent working correctly?
ethanol fuel is hard on all sorts of things from carbs to fuel lines, just as the inside of your tank can get dirty(and is your's clean> as if you clean carb and inside tank is dirty, you wasted your time cleaning carb LOL)
so can insides of fuel lines, ethanol has ben known to clog up fuel lines and even cause them to fail! old fuel lines can get dry and brittle and the ID can get smaller and smaller over time as build up happens inside them!
same with fuel peacock

name of the game in fuel issues, is, start up stream and work down stream, , make sure tank vent is working, drain tank, and make sure tank is clean, and well, toss OLD fuel!
clean tank if needed, then peacock, then replace fuel line, (inline fuel filter too, if you have one) THEN clean carb
this should solve 99% of fuel issues!

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
how rusty is the tank?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts