Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to already have a total power outage very early in my ownership of the captioned rig...so, i thought i would check the fuses, but i can't even figure out how to get the cover off of it...it seems to have 2 large pins holding it down on both ends but the heads don't have a bolt head shape or a screwdriver tip slot on top - the owner's manual has diagram's, but i can't make heads nor tails of it - there are odd tabs at the short end sides of the box & lips at the long end bottoms, but they don't seem to DO anything - any secret to removing this thing? - GRRR!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mission,

Nice avatar!!! Where did you find her???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pry the tabs on the short sides, theres a gasket in between the cover and base to protect the fuses, it could hold it together without the tabs.....just pull
the cover has horizontal triangular-shaped winglets at the bottom of the short ends - those winglets are held down by some kind of vertical plastic pin with a round head about 3/8" in diameter - are you saying that i need to pry out those pins by prying up on their round heads?

·
Registered
319 Posts
the whole assembly is held to the fender with those body clips[like the mud flaps] there is 1 tab on each side of the upper half that comes off, to get to the fuses

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, finally got it...for anyone struggling with this in the future, the cover is NOT part of the triangle shaped pieces off the bottom of the short ends - the inside bottom perimeter of the cover fits over & around a base-mounted soft ribbed rectangular gasket about a quarter-inch tall & it REALLY holds onto that bottom-inside of the cover - the cover is just kind of SUCTION-JAMMED over & around it - on mine, there really didn't seem to be too much left of the side-tabs that mission described.

THANKS mission!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts