Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier, but it seems my post may have been deleted???

Hi! My name is Victor. I’m new to the group, but have been working on my own motorcycles since about 2006.

A friend brought me his Foreman 400. After installing a new battery, I got it to start & run. But, it started pumping fuel into the air box. It seems to possibly be entering from a PVC hose, coming from the transmission into the air box?

Also, there is no air filter or air box lid currently on the air box. Not sure if this plays a part in the fuel coming up thru the square hole into which the possible PVC is connected? I’ve asked the owner to look for the air filter & air box lid.

Here is a photo of the air box with fuel in it. If I start the bike, you can watch the fuel come spewing out the square hole. It pumps in quite quickly. After just 2 short starts, it’s pumped 1/2” to 3/4” of fuel in the bottom of the air box. What could cause this?

Thanks in advance for any help in correcting this problem!
-Victor

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would bet that the float valve in the carb got stuck open and flooded the engine cases with fuel. The liquid in the airbox would then be a mix of gas & oil which is way above normal level. Once the engine is run, the excess gets blown out of the vent line into the airbox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts