Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Honda sells their quads toed way out, probably for safety reasons. The first ride I took on mine when it was new, started ripping pieces of rubber off of the center lugs of the tire and it took a whole two lanes to turn it around. I learned real fast how to adjust the toe in, set them about even with the back. Can turn on a dime now.

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Oh yeah, a 19mm wrench (lock nuts) and a crescent wrench(tie rod) is all I used.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Oh yeah, a 19mm wrench (lock nuts) and a crescent wrench(tie rod) is all I used.
let me add and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but one end is left handed, so when each end nuts are loose you can turn the tie rod with a 12mm wrench, their is a flat area on the tie rod for the 12mm.

also if you take off the inner fender well your going to save yourself a LOT of trouble, as its almost impossible to get in their unless you have a Crows foot wrench, with the inner fender wells removed it allows for a LOT more room to adjust the tie rods.

I like to adjust a little walk 20 or so feet away from the bike and then look at the tires.....try it you will see what I'm talking about, its way simpler to see how much toe has been adjusted & how much more is needed!

Good Luck!
Glide

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
when i adjusted my toe out i measured the front center of the tire and the rear center of the tire. then i made the front center 1/4" wider than the rear center. this way its only toed out about 1/4". it goes straight. very little effort to turn with the big wheels and tires while i'm holding my beer in my hand. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
At about 7:30 into this video it talks about tie rods and toe adjustment. I don’t know spec for the older machines, but the Rincons and 500 Foreman 4x4 call for quite a bit of toe out.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts