Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lift the front of my 00 450es up a little bit. I want it closer to even with the back end. What is an easy and possibly cheap way to do this without mechanical problems?

·
Registered
281 Posts
2 choices,

add a lift just on the front, or increase your tire size in the front, or smaller in the back. New shocks on the front could help level it. What are the issues you are having with it being like this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I WANT THE LIFT, BUT WHAT KIND WOULD WORK BEST WITHOUT ANY HARD WEAR ON THE MACHINE.

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE ("dobich1":1lojbahc)
whoever said to put bigger tires on the front must not own a four wheel drive, because doing so would do irrepairable drive train damage.
I was thinkin the same thing lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
Agreed about the different tire sizes and drive train damage.

If you have the original shocks on the machine they may be sagging. A lift is only a temporary repair as the shocks will continue to sag over time. If they are sagging, you either have to get new oem shocks($$$), Progressive 512 shocks ($$) or Wideopen shocks($). The last 2 are adjustable and a search will reveal people opinions on them.

If your shocks are still original good height, a Perfex LT kit will add a a bit of lift (1-1.5") and cushion the ride, for about $120 with lots of positive reviews. The Perfex LT will not lift as much as Highlifter or other lift kits as that is not its main purpose, but a byproduct of the softer ride. The LT kit will not acheive steeper CV axle angles that most lift kits use to get the +2" lift ($99 @ highlifter). Many have the 2" lift kit and have no issues with premature wear on cv axles, others may have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i put 26" itp mud lites on my rig and it gained height...and then i added the 512 progressive shocks and because they are adjustable i can make flat even...

·
Registered
548 Posts
This is gonna sound odd but I used a 1.5" pvc coupler cut in half for a spacer under my spring, and it gave me a 1" lift. cost all of 64 cents. Been running like this for over 8mos with no problems. Here is how to.... go to HW store and get 2 1.5" pvc couplers, cut in half so there is still the "lip" in one half this is the half you are going to use. Take the shock/spring off the bike, take the spring off the shock (USE CAUTION) slide the pve over the shock so the "lip" is up (makes a new spring perch for the spring to sit on) and reassemble. enjoy your new $1.28 1in lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.