Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda foremen 500 that whenever i go up hill in first the front end makes a popping sound a then stops and it only happens when I am in the mud and terming on the 4x4 or going up a hill .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not good. I would check visual, U joints and if front drive shafts are still fully engaged into differential. Lets see if anyone else has idea. I blew up my front differential years ago jumping woops and was not a cheap fix. That differential is insanely complicated and not sure if serviceable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
@bc buck ok do you think I should also open up the differential to se if anything else is wrong with it
I would do some research on front differential. If I remember right it might not be considered a serviceable part like the hondamatic. My differential blew through the side wall so was obvious.
I would start by taking front end apart and inspecting everything from driveshafts out for damage. If all looks good and not joints at wheel(they will pop when going bad) then might need to open up carefully.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would do some research on front differential. If I remember right it might not be considered a serviceable part like the hondamatic. My differential blew through the side wall so was obvious.
I would start by taking front end apart and inspecting everything from driveshafts out for damage. If all looks good and not joints at wheel(they will pop when going bad) then might need to open up carefully.
They are serviceable based on the model I think he has.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts