Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put new components in the the front drum of the brakes such as the cylinders and new pads and along with that put a rebuild kit in the master cylinder and a new lever(it was missing). So after i squeezed the lever about 5 times the piston
got stuck all the way back in the master cylinder.
Is there any way to get this unstuck?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i took the piston back out of the master cylinder and i was wondering what way does the spring go that is behind the piston? Also the rubber ring that goes on the piston where does it go on it?
I had the spring in there with the big end of the spring going in first and the rubber ring i have it at the top of the part of the piston that looks threaded. Is this correct?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thats how i have it and the piston goes in then comes out about half way then stops

·
Registered
99 Posts
Take it back apart and use a 1/4" wood dowel a few inches long, cut a split in the end with a hacksaw, get some 400 grit or finer sandpaper and put through the split in the dowel you may have to double or triple it to get it to stay in, now chuck this in your die grinder or drill and polish it up. Over the years I have ran into alot of these sticking and this is what I always do when I rebuild a master cylinder, it doesn't take alot of this to do the job. Also if it is not a new piston make sure it is clean, especially in the groove that the rubber goes in. And make sure you open the tiny little hole in the bottom of the reservoir while the piston is out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts