Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone striped out the two little screws that hold the cap on? I have striped the two screws and can not get the cover off. Does anyone have any ideas how to remove the 2 striped screws?

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
I use a impact driver (screw driver you hit with a hammer) to get them most of the time. If they are really stripped then I use a small chisel to work them loose. The really bad ones (nothing else works) I drill the head of the screw off and then remove the threaded end.

·
Registered
365 Posts
my stripped out and i used the little "Grab It" Tool to get them out then tapped it out to a bigger thread and used a screw with allen on the end

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use a impact driver (screw driver you hit with a hammer) to get them most of the time. If they are really stripped then I use a small chisel to work them loose. The really bad ones (nothing else works) I drill the head of the screw off and then remove the threaded end.
I never had to take them off till I got my new front brake conversion. Which I had to add brake fluid. Ya it's pretty bad. I'm going to drill them out and do something diffrent.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Just drill the heads off and you can probably grab the piece sticking out with a pair of vise grips and get them out. I wouldnt drill them all the way out.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Wouldnt hurt to put a layer of silicone on the new ones so the water cant get in either and rust up again.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Toodeeps last suggestion is what I always do.
The screws are junk anyway so just drill the heads off of them and go and get new screws.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toodeeps last suggestion is what I always do.
The screws are junk anyway so just drill the heads off of them and go and get new screws.
I'm going to drill them out and put some socket head cap screws in its spot. I never did like those **** things.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have the disc brake swap on there ruby? I need a pic of where you ran your brake line? Plans do not show where the brake line is suppose to go.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also noticed that i have play in my upper a-arm bushings. Is there a rebuild kit for the a-arms? As long as I have her apart I'm going to replace the bushings.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Yeah they make a a-arm bushing kit. I got mine off ebay for $27. I had to replace both my upper ones.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
12mm

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
Thread size is 10mm with a 1.25 thread pitch. Wingman is correct for the wrench size.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I'm ordering some new banjo bolts on line and some banjo fittings. So it is a 10mm bolt. I need to know the bolt size not the socket size.

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
Yes rc 10mm with 1.25 threads, I have one sitting in front of me to verify that (that's how I got the thread pitch and I have yet to go home tonight).

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I installed new braided steel lines on the front with my front disc conversion. The lines currently have air in them, How can I fill the lines with brake fluid to lessening the bleeding process?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Open the bleeders and let it gravity feed and keep an eye on the resevoir <sp as to not let it run dry.
Do one side at a time once the bubbles stop tighten up the bleeder.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts