Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
I didnt smack the nut, I smacked the side of the a-arm where the ball joint goes through while prying down and putting tension on the ball joint itself. its hard to explain but it is quick. Thats why I said to leave the nut on because then when it lets go it wont pop all the way out.
haven't had to do mine yet but that's exactly how the Warranty Mechanic did mine.......Popped right out

thanks a lot for the info on the front bearings dude,I have a Rancher,but it's pretty much the same setup,the last step was the most important one too,BUD LIGHT!!!!!!
Welcome Muddigger.....you could have not found a better site for Help with Honda's, these Men are good at what they do or I should say love to do!

I see your a fellow Tennessean, Their is a LOT of us Hillbillys on here....LOL, what part of TN are ya from?

FYI: we have a Forum weekend get together coming up the 2nd weekend of june...their are links below with all the info one needs to attend!....Come out and Ride with us!

Glide

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the invite wydglide!!!!!!
btw I live 15 miles south of Oneida in a town called Robbins.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Thanks for the invite wydglide!!!!!!
btw I live 15 miles south of Oneida in a town called Robbins.
Aww Cool deal then I know the area, I have Several Masonic Brothers who attends that Lodge their in Robins right by the RR tracks....shoot me a PM and lets do some riding, We have been knotted up with every day life junk here as of late, but about to get caught up & wanting to ride!

We get up to Royal Blue a lot, as we Live right here in Caryville..... come over and ride with us some, you don't need a permit to ride here like you do at Brimstone or Wind Rock! B)

Glide & Lisa

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey PsychoBOB, thanks for the awesome writeup on how to do this... I was going thru the service manual and your description on how to do it saved me lots of timie and headaches.... I had everything apart in no time at all!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Spam Alert

·
Registered
118 Posts
is this the same for an 02 450 foreman??
i need to replace my left rear and was wondering if anyone has a write up on that ?? also was wondering since im going to rebuild this machine if i should go ahead and replace them all..( im no mechanic)
but planning on learning ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another tip I don't think anyone has mentioned is freeze the berring in the freezer for a day before you install. Take out of the freezer just as you are about to hammer it in . Goes in way easyer.Less chance of damageing it when pounding it in with a scocket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What sized socket did you use if you remember? I've tried everything and even used an air hammer (bearings fell out completely when pulling it out - inside was destroyed) and can't get the outer ring to budge.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
What sized socket did you use if you remember? I've tried everything and even used an air hammer (bearings fell out completely when pulling it out - inside was destroyed) and can't get the outer ring to budge.
Snap ring is out correct? If you have a welder you can weld a bead around the inside of the race and it will shrink it enough it will about fall out. All I have ever done was lock it in the vise and used a chisel and BFH. I use the welder trick on other bearing races though.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
use a dremel to cut the outer race or run a bead of weld around it, it will almost fall out then

21 - 35 of 35 Posts