Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Forman400 will start with pull Rope but just clicks when using start button. Installed new Battery and a new Solenoid but the solenoid just clicks.
Using volt meter shows 12 vdc passes through solenoid post when pressing start button.
Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
2001 Forman400 will start with pull Rope but just clicks when using start button. Installed new Battery and a new Solenoid but the solenoid just clicks.
Using volt meter shows 12 vdc passes through solenoid post when pressing start button.
I had the same problem and it wasn't the solenoid it was the starter the bearing in the starter was going bad I replaced it and it has been fine since.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just adding my comment in event others may have what I had... have kept on charge from day one, battery meter tested fully charged, solenoid clicked but no start. Winch and headlights bright, all looked great. I just read that if screwdriver across solenoid made engine try and turn, it was bad solenoid.. but not in my case... was battery. Had it tested, battery showed volts, but no cranking load. New battery started right up. Ruined good solenoid by cutting wire harness off to use universal solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try tapping on the starter with a wrench or something then start it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem and it wasn't the solenoid it was the starter the bearing in the starter was going bad I replaced it and it has been fine since.
Mine was also the starter. I can apply direct power to it and it would spin over. Once I put it back on the machine....nothing...simple troubleshooting 101

1 - 8 of 8 Posts