Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a portable tire bead breaker tool to keep in my ATV trailer, for " just in case".
Do any of u know of a good portable ATV Tire bead breaker tool or setup that actually works and will break the double beads on newer stock Honda Foreman / Rancher Rims? Must be portable,
say price range of $10 to $100
I have seen a few on ebay, was just wondering how good and if they really work?
Thanks ~ d dawg

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is site called harbor freight.com,I bought a portable tire machine for about 50.00 a few years back..I mounted mine on concrete, You could change some mower tires up to truck tires.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I am a customer of harbor freight, there is a retail outlet nearby.
I was looking for something lite and smaller I could carry on my ATV?
seen this on ebay and wondered if they would work on a Stock Foreman rim?

<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLARIS-ARCTIC-CAT-SUZUKI-ATV-BEAD-BREAKER-TIRE-TOOL_W0QQitemZ140195026376QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43983QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV
iewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLARIS- ... dZViewItem</a>

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I have the manual tire changer from harbor freight, it is a royal pain to use on factory tires. The sidewall rubber is not stiff enough for it to break the bead loose. It works great on aftermarket tires.

but looking at the hand unit you posted I think it would work better for beaking the bead on a factory tire. with the secondary lock you have some control to help keep it againt the rim.

·
Registered
323 Posts
the only problem with the portable tire machines is that you need something to mount it too, to brake the beads and also to spin the bar around to get the tire on and off better way would be a can of either and and box of matches, gotta be careful with that one hahaha its cool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.