Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here and I hope somebody can help me. I have a 99 Foreman 450ES. About 2 years ago it was submerged...long story. I had it completely rebuilt and everything on it is running perfect. After I got it back from the mechanic I rode it for a while and it was fine. Then it stopped shifting. I changed the angle sensor, the CDI box, cleaned all the connections. Finally a few months ago I changed the battery and everything was fine. Well there was a HUGE party/mud ride this past weekend. I tried to take it through the shallow parts as much as possible. It ran fine until I got ready to leave and when I cranked it up to leave it wouldnt shift. Anybody know what to do? Any advice at all will help. Thanks.
Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I did that tonight. It still not shifting. Its not even making a noise when I press the button. When I shift it with the foot lever it shifts to 1st and then it does not read 2, 3, 4, or 5...it reads ---. Thanks.
Ryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
shifting problem

I had the same thing happen to me I had water in my shift motor. Drained it put a new seal' and all is well

Searcher

·
Registered
162 Posts
replace the angle sensor, and make sure you get one for that specific model, there are several diffrent ones, like for the rancher, rubicon, recon, etc. they all look the same but are diffrent. be sure to put dialelectric grease on every thing. dont put to much on the angle sensor plug in because you will not be able to get it connected all the way and it will get water in it. but put enough in it to seal it. i am a parts manager and a honda dealership so if you need the current part# for reference just let me know. by the way, my 1998 foreman did the same thing, and the angle sensor fixed it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
And get the new sensor ..Honda changed part #'s and came out with an up-dated sensor .. We've had better luck with the TRX350FE sensor .. I believe the 450 sensor is HN0 & the 350 sensor is HP0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE ("Honda Mechanic":1ur7m27l)
And get the new sensor ..Honda changed part #'s and came out with an up-dated sensor .. We've had better luck with the TRX350FE sensor .. I believe the 450 sensor is HN0 & the 350 sensor is HP0
Are you saying that you had better luck by putting the TRX350FE angle sensor on the Foreman 450ES? The sensor thats on it right now I just replaced after the submerging. Does it still need to be replaced? Thanks.
Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: shifting problem

QUOTE ("Searcher":lx3e34u7)
I had the same thing happen to me I had water in my shift motor. Drained it put a new seal' and all is well

Searcher
Ok, so how did you drain the shift motor?
Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts