Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me, or does everybody have trouble with water getting in their rear gear case every time you hit a mudhole???????if not, how do you stop it?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Did you run the vent tube up to the handle bars... Ths might be the source....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Find your front and rear differential. There will be a nipple on there with a small black rubber hose going up. Sometimes, they are run up a few inches and then bent over. Take this hose and run it up the the top of the bike. It is a vent tube for the differential. I ran all of mine ( 2 Carb vents, front and rear differential vents, fan vent, ect.. ) up under the headlight pod. No problems so far. The 650 Rincon is a 2003 and I just last week changed the rear diff fluid. I just turned 1990 miles on the bike and I am in the water more that out. It came out as clear as the new fluid Iput in.. Here are some pics..

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Don't feel alone. I have ours snorkeled & everything vented & still get some
water in there. I just change the differential fluids quite often. Probably after
every third ride or so.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Railroader...Don't you sometimes ride with the tires facing up ( upside down ).. Hmmm Ahhhh never mind, thats just the grape vine talkin' Ha Ha Ha

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
No, no, no. That would be the battle axe i'm married to. Knock on wood, i've
never done that before.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You had better be nice to that girl...she seems awfully good to you ..... Ha Ha Ha

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Oh heck. She is a great woman, just too dang mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.