Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ended up buying this Foreman I had mentioned here. It needs a few odds and ends that I've mostly figured out. It needs a brake line in the front as well as the lower headlights. From what I can find from various interchanges (Bike Bandit, Honda Parts House, Honda Parts Direct, etc.), they're not exactly accurate. It looks like Foremans back to about '97 have the same brake line and the headlights can be from any number of machines. Can anybody assist me on getting the right parts for this machine? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,872 Posts
alot of the foreman 450 (98-04) and foreman 400 (95-03) parts are interchangable
yes on the front brake lines and yes on the lower headlights also . what else are you looking for ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's mainly what I'm looking for for now. Thanks for the speedy reply!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mentioned the other machines on the headlights because the Recon is supposed to be the same too. The headlights in the Rancher and Rubicon LOOK the same but whether they are or not...?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
02 to 04 foreman 450's have traxlok so not all parts are interchangeable just double check part numbers just to be sure

·
Registered
819 Posts
If your looking for headlights, I beleive the 400 Foreman uses the glass lights like on the 98-01 450 Foreman. The 02 up 450 Foreman has clear lense plastic lights that may not fit, and may use a different wiring harness. It would be a nice upgrade, and if you get the wiring harness with the plastic lights, it should plug in where the old harness plugs in now.

In 2001, I installed Rubicon plastic lights in my '98 450, I had a bit of custom work to mount them, and I bought the proper harness and was surprised that it plugged in and worked properly!

·
Registered
1 Posts
alot of the foreman 450 (98-04) and foreman 400 (95-03) parts are interchangable
yes on the front brake lines and yes on the lower headlights also . what else are you looking for ?
Is a 99 honda foreman 450s rear differential interchangeable with a 97 honda foreman 400 any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts