Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys............i know most of you will probably say formen because this is a foreman site but my question is what is better........a 2005 outlander 400H.O. or a honda 2006 honda foreman 500?...........and any opiniions on the outlander would be appreciated(sp?)

thanx guys

·
Registered
181 Posts
How much do they want for the outlander? Is rear irs? Is it a belt drive or manual tranny? What do you plan on using it for? Personally i like my foreman and know absolutly nothing about the outlanders and have only seen like 3 on the trail and have never really looked at them.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have a friend that has the Outlander and he brags about the frame..It supposedly is very thin and a tall clearance and likes the power. BUT..When we ride ( With some 350 Ranchers, 450 Foremans, 500 Foremans and 650 Rincons ) his seems to be the one we are pulling out the most. Why?...I dont know. I haven't been ablt to tell if it is the operator or the machine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is IRS and has 9.7 inches of gorund clearance, and my dad can get it brand new..........in the box still with 3 year waranty for 4900.00...........i have driven one but not much......i just used my dads friends outlander to pull my bear out and it did a fine job.....i know ;that it won ATV of the year i think last year or the year befor.......................i know they are fast.........they will run a good 60+mph and they are only a 400.........so any other opinions............o yeah and it is a real 4 wheel drive..........not just a 3 wheel drive.........not bashing on a honda just stating a point

thanx guys

·
Registered
181 Posts
Heck i say give it a shot, sounds like a pretty capible rig. Honda power!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You will only know if you get on it and put it thru your OWN test on the trails and in the mud. Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
In my opinion, they have one of the best 4wd systems on the market. It is
called Viskolok. It acts like a limited slip until it loses traction, then they all
lock up. Kinda like a locker without havin' to activate it. It does it all by itself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i really like it and we can get it for a good price but i just dont like that you cant get many upgrades for it, which i probably wont get any upgrades any way so thats why i like this machine, its fast, comfortable, it has 1200 ibs towing compacity, and irs rear and fron suspension.........any other opinions would be apreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.