Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my 1997 foreman 400 back together after cracking the cases to replace the output shaft after i bought the bike while it was run with a broken u joint. Got it all back together and it cranks and runs fine but there is a problem. You shift it into 1st and the neutral light turns off but it don't even sound like it shifts into a gear. Can anybody help me on the info I have given and if somebody might need some more info let me know and i'll see if I can't get it to you. Got this bike sold just gotta get it to move on it's own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it's trying to shift but i will adjust the clutch just incase. Just doesn't sound like anything is trying to go in place. No grinding or anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure it's trying to shift but i will adjust the clutch just incase. Just doesn't sound like anything is trying to go in place. No grinding or anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well a lil update. I went out there and adjusted the clutches. When i shift up into first and give it gas it feels like it's trying to catch and sits there clicking and poping. Clutch spring not adjusted right?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
When you split the cases to replace the output shaft did anything come out of place and have to be reinstalled ..?.. Like the shift fork shaft (and a shift fork fall off) or main or counter shaft tried to come out with the case and a gear drop off ...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I made sure nothing came loose or came apart when pulling the cases apart. The guy that did take my clutches off and apart while i was at work didn't know you could pull the plate off the silver clutch and took the 4 **** springs off the clutch so i don't know if they are tightened back right or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.