Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently added a snorkel to my foreman along with my HMF and the fan doesnt come on much any more, is this normal or should i put the fan on a toggle so i can turn it off or on? I let it sit in my yard for 30 minutes and it never come on. I checked the fuse, but where is the sensor on the engine? Im fairly sure it works, but its just odd it doesnt come on much, but i stayed in alot of mud and water when i rode so maybe that is why it did not come on

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one has had this problem??

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Jennifer had a problem with her fan, but it was caused by a stick somehow
gettin' lodged up in there & somehow disconnected the wires. Other than
that, no problems.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what wires? Does any one have a pic of the sensor than controls the fan on the engine

·
Registered
57 Posts
Number 11 in the pic below is the thermostat. It looks like a watch battery inside of a plastic pouch. It should be attached to the frame near the top of the FR shock mount. Check and see if that is working.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks joe, ill go check tonight when i get off of work

·
Registered
514 Posts
My first year I thought my fan did not work because it never came on. Finally in the winter with a ton of snow packed around the engine the fan came on. Just trying to add a little personal experience to you situation

·
Registered
56 Posts
is there a way to pull the wires and test the fan to see if it works or if the motor is burnt out?
Just wondering as I picked up a used quad and have never had the fan kick in??

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.