Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why Honda put 6.5" wide wheels on the front of the old 400 Foreman and went to 6" on the 450 while keeping 8 inch wide tires? I understand why they went with the 25" diameter on the 450. Also, are the Rubicon wheels the same size as 450 Foreman wheels?
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
QUOTE ("Fore-Man":23na70x3)
Can anyone tell me why Honda put 6.5" wide wheels on the front of the old 400 Foreman and went to 6" on the 450 while keeping 8 inch wide tires? I understand why they went with the 25" diameter on the 450. Also, are the Rubicon wheels the same size as 450 Foreman wheels?
Thanks,
Interesting, so a foreman 400 had a 12x6.5 wheel in the front???? Anyone have any of those they want to get rid of???
Rubicon and 450 wheels are the same size.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Can anyone tell me why Honda put 6.5" wide wheels on the front of the old 400 Foreman and went to 6" on the 450 while keeping 8 inch wide tires?
Probably just because they are cheaper since they is less material. PLus the narrower wheel will "skinny-up" the front tire to increase ground clearance. Not sure if thats a reason though.

Also, are the Rubicon wheels the same size as 450 Foreman wheels?
Yes, just made of aluminum.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE ("Robb":15a0is5m)
QUOTE ("Fore-Man":15a0is5m)
Thanks,
Interesting, so a foreman 400 had a 12x6.5 wheel in the front???? Anyone have any of those they want to get rid of???
Rubicon and 450 wheels are the same size.[/quote]

Actually no. I should have said that the 400 had 11"x6.5" in the front and 11"x7.5" in the rear. My Bad!!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
ahh ok, i was ready to start the mission to find some factory 12x6.5, that would be perfect!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("Robb":3sskn6ox)
ahh ok, i was ready to start the mission to find some factory 12x6.5, that would be perfect!
YES IT WOULD!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.