Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here Dynoed there Foreman, did you use an automotive Dyno, or a specific motorcylce/atv dyno? Would there be a problem using an automotive dyno, like a DynoJet or something?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
It would probably work, but I think you have to use a fairly mild tread tire, and not have a full time 4wd bike.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
if u have a full time 4wd bike just jack up the front end,

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
What is Dynoing? What does it do??

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Its a machine used to measure horepower and torque at the rear wheels. It more accurate that just engine HP, because it takes into account the parasitic loss of power through the tranny and drivetrain.

Its mainly used on racecars, to maximize their potential power. And find increases/decreases in HP after modifications.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Thanks TrueGrit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
had any tried it yet?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had my 450 dyno test a few times at Percision Motorsports
They use a Mobile Atv/Kart dyno
Click on MY SITE and go to the dyno testing page.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
How much did the dyno run you?

I wish we could find one around here.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Thats not bad to maximize the bike's potential. One of those is only an hour or so away. Most are in S. Florida. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE ("truegrit":1p4cy3ak)
How much did the dyno run you?

I wish we could find one around here.
I got the hook up in Orlando, but its a Dynojet automotive dyno. I could easily get a group rate thing setup, and could get it all done for a good price, But will that work?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Robb - You might want to check with them on the width of their dyno , to make sure the drums are not too far apart for a quad.
Also make sure their computer software will read horsepower & torque down in the 10-15 range.

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE ("flipstick":3haugxbc)
Robb - You might want to check with them on the width of their dyno , to make sure the drums are not too far apart for a quad.
Also make sure their computer software will read horsepower & torque down in the 10-15 range.
they dyno chevrolets they shouldnt have aproblem in the 10-15 range [ now thats fun dont care who you are[

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE ("dano":wr50zvo2)
QUOTE ("flipstick":wr50zvo2)
they dyno chevrolets they shouldnt have aproblem in the 10-15 range [ now thats fun dont care who you are][/quote]
That hurts! lol, **** ford people!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("dano":281g06ml)
QUOTE ("flipstick":281g06ml)
they dyno chevrolets they shouldnt have aproblem in the 10-15 range [ now thats fun dont care who you are[[/quote]

Atta boy Dan!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts