Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original battery has died in my 2016 Honda Foreman TRX500FE2 and the YUASA VRLA GYZ16H are $160 + S/H on the internet. Is there a decent replacement battery I can get at AutoZone or Advance Auto for a much cheaper price? If so, anyone have a P/N or brand description? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Camera accessory Rectangle Font Electric blue Auto part

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’ve got a 2015 Rubicon with that same battery in it and it is still going strong...I use a battery maintainer/charger on it every couple of months, if I’m not riding it. You probably won’t find a better battery than that Yuasa...short of going to an even more expensive lithium. You can buy cheaper but they won’t last half as long... Take the battery with you and see what they have in that size, battery mart has them, Walmart might have that size...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put an off brand AGM on my 05 Foreman a few years back, and just replaced it again- this time with a Yuasa. Yeah they are more money, but imho you get consistent quality and long term durability.

If you do go off brand, I’d be sure to get an AGM type. Traditional flooded lead acid are much lower price, but don’t tend to last as long or resist vibration.

A battery tender or genius maintainer is a good investment, if you don’t already use one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts