Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of these is better for what i want? I really dont like auto, i like to choose my gears but i hate the ES so i'll go standard shift if i get a foreman, but I'm gonna use it for Hunting, trail rides ( river crossing and mud ) and use it on the farm doing minor work, and probly get stuck planting food plots, pulling equipment. I Don't really like the air cooled but i havn't heard of any problems with the foremans overheating......

So what do you guys think? We had a 450 foreman ES before and got rid of it for a mule 3010 but i wanna buy myself another 4 wheeler........

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would get the S model of the forman. Not the rubicon because you still have the ESP and auto on that bike. So i suggest you to get the S model of the forman

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
yeah sounds to me like you would be happier with the Foreman S, and you save a chunk of change

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Especially since you don't like the auto I would get the foreman s, these things are work horses.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Like they said above, the Foreman S. It is tried & true.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You can shift the Rubi in ESP, but there is realpower difference between the two. But I would get the Foreman over the Rubi due to its simplicity.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ESP rules...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Rubi

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
QUOTE ("Rubicon3303":3hw18ca5)
Take a good look at his sig before you decide

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
QUOTE ("bnjeep":1xo4acez)
Take a good look at his sig before you decide
Ha Ha!! Poor ol' Travis.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how much more power does the rubi have over the foreman500???????? I don't think theres that much power difference considering you going throu an auto tranny compared to a normal manual tranny, Electronic shift sucks ours never shifted when you hit the button sometimes it took a couple times to get it to shift, same with other peoples that i've talked to that have the 450.....

·
Registered
489 Posts
You would be happier with the Foreman S

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay im pretty sure i'm going to go with the foreman 500 S ........... now my question is, is there anything different from year to year to make one year better than the others?????

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
new body style along with the 500cc motor started in 05. Before that was the trusty 450.

G

·
rubi has way more power, my friends have foreman 500 and they have to stop all the time, bikes are to hot! (foreman 500 has new motor?????? )

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My fan barely comes on. I think your freinds should have their's looked at. None of us around here have such issues.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
we are always in 4' of water also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts