Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some 26inch tires for my ride. I saw the SS106 and SS112 today...they look great. Does anyone have these now? I have a 06 Foreman (Yellow). I am torn between XTR, Terra Cross, and Big Horns....if you gives who have already purchased these have some comments and pictures can you help me out?

I am saving all my birthday $$$....all the family wants me to wait until stock tires wear out...I want to use them for spares and get some others for the trails. We live in KY and do alot of trail riding, hill climbs, creeks, little / moderate mud (unless provoked!!!), rock crawls.

Thanks for the help. I am new to the site and research every night!!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey man where ya from in kentucky, and what they've said about the itps wearing quick is right, go for the bighorns and those wheels are nifty, plannin on gettin a set of 106's pretty soon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am from the Frankfort area. I ride with a lot of guys from Etown, Louisville, Georgetown, etc.....

Thanks for the input. I think the Big Horns would look really good on the SS112 or SS106....just not sure which approach to go. I also like the XTRs but I probably will avoid too much serious mud...so I thought more surface area would improve traction - hills, rocks, etc.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
sorry but i have to disagree, the bighorns are nice but are not really as nice as people thought they were when they came out. they are good trail tires but there are different and better trail tires out there. the terra cross tires dont wear as good but i have heard that they are a little better then the bighorns on the trails and rocks. also there is a tire called all trak, they look like a sport bike tire but i think they may suprize you. alot of the pure trail riders run these tires and they do great, i may end up getting these for stock tire replacements for when i dont want to run the bigger tires. xtr's are nice tires but i dont know if they would be food for what you ride on because i ride with a person who has them and they kind of slip on rocks a good bit. i hope this helps you out some.

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/images/Maxxi...0All%20Trak.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help....

Like I said, I do a lot of trail riding...however, I do like the aggressiveness of the XTRs...so I'll keep looking. But I love the feedback!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check out the Carlisle ACT's or the ACT XLR's if you want something more aggressive. They are excellent trail tires for occasional mud use. The one thing I would say no matter what is to go with a radial. The ride is so much better, and you will have better overall traction in any condition. Especially trail riding. Check out my pics in the ACT XLR thread or in my gallery to see the tires. I love them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just remembered, one of the members has a set of 26" Carlisle ACT's for sale. They are take off's from his Can-Am 650. Check the For Sale section, I'm not sure if he still has them, but it could save you some money, and I think you would like them, especially if you're into trail riding.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i would stay away from the xtr's, they dig too much to be a good trail tire. i think that bear claws are suppossed to be good trail tires. i personally like water and mud, trails to get there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i'm from around campbellsville, i ride quite a bit out highway 210 between hodgenvill and etown, plannin a big ride in the summer down ta harlan if wanna join in

·
Registered
472 Posts
it'll be teh 2nd or 3rd week of July, and yea I'm in bradfordsville, but most people don't knwo this lil mapspeck haha, yea man your more than welcome **** we'll need someone to show us around haha, plus i wanna see where you drowned ur bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been down to Harlan quite a few times. My buddies go about every 4-5 weeks. We are trying to plan a trip to TN in APril. Fri, Sat, Sun camp & ride. I will post details.

Anybody do any riding around Etown?

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey you point me to a mudhole i'll go to etown haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.