Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like mentioned in tittle... My 2006 foreman 500es does not display anything when i turn the key. It never did that before. I was snow riding in a forest when the bike was iddleling in neutral and all a sudden... stoped . No more display when i turn the key on. tried the pull start... cranks but deos not start. when key is on my winch works and brake light works...Put a screw driver on the solenoid poles and it cranks but does not run. i can do EASY mechanic like carb cleaning or litle things like that but electronic IS NOT FOR ME... Any help? thx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that today.... checked the whole fuse box and they all seemed fine. Is there other fuses on the foreman 500 '06 other than the ones in the fuse box?? thx for the suggestion btw.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I’m not 100% sure but I’d imagine they would all be in that spot

Reactions: foremanQc

·
Registered
321 Posts
Your going to need a volt meter and start checking for voltage . Should really check fuses with the meter also. They can look fine and actually be bad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. i think i will drop it at the bike shop as i really dosent have what it takes to repair it.( tools / space / time/knowledge)

·
Registered
321 Posts
The tools are cheap and knowledge can come from a book but there isn’t a replacement for time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Went to see the mecanic that's working on my foreman today.... He got the bike starting... he found a wire that was loose in the key switch connector . water and dirt inside of other connectors aswell. He cleanned all of my connectors and put dielectric grease in them while he was there. This should do the trick! I'll test ride it all day next saturday as they announced 20cm of snow with a -20 here !! ?? Hope it helps somebody in the futur ! ( if anything goes wrong again... i will post it here )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update to close this case...
I've used my foreman multiple times since 2 weeks and i could'nt be happier.
Its running great ... powers up every time i turn the key and stays on even if i'm ridding in deep snow , slush and water.
I will conclude that the loose wire in my connector ( key switch ) was the problem. And the grease in all connectors just made it more reliable. hope this will help somebody somewhen !
RIDING PUTS A SMILE TO MY FACE AGAIN ! ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts