Honda Foreman Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
$ 1000 psi mark up. Wow don’t know how I feel about that one. There is honor among thieves but that is a little excessive. So for anybody reading this place is blowing your heads off. Think about it that’s 20% over retail. Sorry to deep can’t support that one. Tell me again how you care about just helping everyone

·
Registered
57 Posts
You guys are making more than the manufacturer in a lot of those deals. How do you feel doing that to the middle class dad trying to get his son his first bike. You know as well as I do manufacturer also comps a bike or two depending on volume for sponsorship. To anyone reading that means there free. We used to sponsor Travis prastrono when he was a nobody. Still insanely fast though. Kudos to any of you sever a park boys reading. Do you guys pass that on or sell for full list?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Real facts guys hope it helps someone if you really want to be treated fairly I will put you on old boy no redirects a real phone number and some one who is happy to be making a living. This is mid Atlantic region

·
Registered
57 Posts
Guys just texted an old friend that used to run warehouse and in rate they got like $ 20 bucks a unit on their time card and still made money. They used to in uncrate and build then we used to bring them to the store to put them on the floor. I’m calling bs on the whole drive off the truck. Think about it gas now goes bad in 30 days why would you service a unit not getting sold. Unless you are willing to pay a guy in the back to do a carb clean when it’s sold. Just call them like I see them

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
Honda gets the $1,000 per unit freight on the SXS, we don't. We get to pass it onto the consumer. All the sxs are EFI and all run when they come in. We don't order stuff to sit it in a warehouse. We order it to sell. Once it's sold more units come in. If it's something that won't sell, don't order it. It's all common business and I would prefer you to not twist things and call us crooks. We treat all of our customers good and they will travel 4 hours one way to do business with us, bypassing other dealers. Do not try twisting what I said because that is just a flat ass lie on your part.

If your here to bootleg new machines go for it. Honda does not put up with that so make sure it's your other brands. Honda will pull a dealer franchise fast if they find out about bootlegging.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What a laugh. You order every year at the show used to be in Vegas. We order to sell seriously? At the beginning of the year you have no idea what is going to sell only can try to forecast from previous year. Agreed Honda is a I don’t mess around company. I still remember that the owner getting a little rough with Honda finance one day and those guys flew 2 guys there from California they were there that Monday and made it clear that they would pull franchise if it happened again. Didn’t care if how many units we were selling. Bootleg Honda? I run a lawn and landscaping business now that is my bread and butter. And the man I speak so highly of is a Suzuki dealer it’s Romney cycle in West Virginia. I grew up in Maryland is how I know him and I’m now in North Carolina. If there is was any money involved it would be called a bird dog fee guys and I haven’t dealt with that guy for 15 years. You just don’t like the fact I’m laying down the truth

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also guys Yamaha makes one pass on production line there is no ordering extra when you’re sold out. If you’re only allocated 40 r1’s that year then that’s all you get. Suzuki and Kawasaki will get you as many as you can sell either build or dealership transfer from someone who over ordere. And if you’re behind on your floor plan they will just pass you bye on delivery doesn’t matter who you are

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
You dont order yearly. You put a projection in quarterly and order monthly. If your projection is off or inventory is low, available models for order can be limited. We haven't done yearly since the 80s, biannually in the 90s. Time does change things. Keep speaking of this truth but it's pretty false.

·
Registered
57 Posts
right just like driving them off the truck. Left the business in 2007 for the record. Every thing I’m saying is true readers can see I’m putting this stuff in layman’s terms that everyone can reason out and you have yet to find half truth anywhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can give you guys some real truth on finance if anybody is interested I assure you I don’t have a dog in the hunt on any of this anymore and yes you are a crook in every sense of the word you would do well at a car dealership

·
Registered
57 Posts
So boys this is a easy one next time you go in for parts and stop to check out the new eye candy open the gas cap if it has fuel it is a used unit or one they put a plow on to do the parking lot. Or a demo which very few places do anymore . Challenge me some more too deep I love it

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I guess you concede or do you want me to call you out some more. This is a business I know like the back of my hand I loved and lived it unlike a lot of parts and service guys. I sold things to people who were strangers and became friends lasting friends. I used to move 40 a month in the winter and 60+ in the summer by myself and we used to keep 3 to five sales guys on staf. You’re just small potatoes I guess. When did you resign?

·
Registered
57 Posts
So you’re gonna tell me Honda refires up its production line on a monthly basis depending on what you need. Do you even know what you are saying. You’re dealing with unfathomable dollars on that one you just went to the crazy zone. It would be awesome if supply and demand met like that. Guys that’s why you see a new boat with a 2 year old brand new motor. Once you order it that’s your baby until you sell. How many dealership deals have you seen go bad. They over orderied get over extended on their floor plan and eventually doors get chained. A lot of floor plan money is not just manufacturer free floor a lot of it is interest from day one usually prime +1.5% so if you’re going down you can see how it adds up. We used to run in the millions and to more than one company. We used to have 90 plus employees and an over head of over 40,000 a month for one store we had 2 locations. Owner told us one time in the winter place was barely making over head sometimes. This guy to deep is bs

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
I dont know where your coming up with a $1000 pdi. It's never been said besides by you and you keep bringing it up. You can lay out your truth but I'm actually in the buisness and know how it is being done. Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
Which ones? Post #29 where I state the freight charges, post #32 where you change it to PDI, post #35 where I correct you and explain it farther or post #41 where you change it again and call us crooks?

41 - 60 of 65 Posts