Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this forum, not new to ATV’s.

I have an 04 450 foreman S in need of new frame. I’ve managed to find a parts bike but the owner doesn’t know the year and isn’t really very helpful! I’ve narrowed it down to being a 1st Gen (98-01) my question is....

Are the frames different? If yes are the differences minor or major? Basically is it a big job to get a 98-01 frame to fit my 04?

Thanks in advance folks

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
The difference will be where the front differential mounts on. I believe a piece has to be modified to make it work. There has been some threads in the past about converting the older 400/450 to the traklock differential.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The difference will be where the front differential mounts on. I believe a piece has to be modified to make it work. There has been some threads in the past about converting the older 400/450 to the traklock differential.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, I think I can make it work, shouldn’t be to difficult. Bought a 98-00 or 01? Parts bike as my frame is bent up front so plan on swapping them over. Worst case scenario I build the Gen1 and put my good parts on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts