Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently bought a 2007 Forman trx500 es I got it for cheap but the reason why is because the frame is bent. I’ve been looking on eBay and other places to find one but I can’t find an 07 frame, I was wondering if it’s possible to swap the motor and everything from the 2007 into a 2012 frame

·
Premium Member
6,220 Posts
No on the 2012. 2012 was the first year of the EFI machines, so completely different.

05-11 frames will work. There might be a few minor differences but I've swapped an 09 onto an 06 frame and the only difference was a couple of mounting points where the wiring harness clips attach to the frame. I just used zip ties.

Where are you located? Might be able to find one local to you if you look on some of the facebook area trading pages.

I actually have an 07 ES in the yard for parts, but some kid cut off the right footpeg and welded on a floorboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh okay, well I think I found one but does it matter if it’s an Es or an s frame as long as it’s for the same year? Because I’m seeing some s frames and I’m new to Honda’s, so I don’t really know the difference

·
Premium Member
6,220 Posts
S is footshift. ES is electric shift (buttons on handlebar), and FA or Rubicon is the automatic (shifter on left side of the tank) which also has the ES buttons on the handlebar.

No difference in ES or FM (S) frames, so look for an 05-11 Foreman 500 FM or ES frame.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I see Jeep saying 05 - 11 frames are the same for the Foreman 500. Are the rancher frames the same? I found a frame from this guy and he "thinks" it's a 2006 rancher for $100. Is there anything on a foreman 500 that sticks out and makes it recognizable?

·
Premium Member
6,220 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts