Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new set of 27" Gators. I went riding in the mountians this weekend and ended up breaking the bead loose on one of my back tires so i get it back and air it up enough to seat the bead and everythings fine until today I get on and now my front tire is flat with no leak or hole to be found. I aired it up and its fine. I am running 27x10s and 27x12s with 3psi.

Is this pressure too low or were the tires not mounted properly the first time or am I just having $h!ty luck?

·
Registered
308 Posts
For the rear, hey man its a trail $hit$ gonna happen. I am suprised you could not find a slow leak in the front though. 3 psi is alittle on the low side. For the stockers honda says run 5 psi in them, with your gators even though they are a 6 ply, where the stockers are a 4 I would run as much or maybe alittle more PSI in them.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I ran 25" bearclaws for almost two years at 3 psi and never had a problem. Bike called for 3.6 psi. This weekend I ran new 27" Supergrip SuperLights at 2 psi for extra floatation in the snow and never had a problem.
Your tires might not have been seated properly when they were mounted. Seems strange for two new wheels to have similar problems. Also check that they installed new valves when the tires were mounted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
H4 how do you like those Supergrip SuperLights ? I run the same tires.

I have used Mud Lites, Bearclaws and Gators in the past but ever since i got the Super Grip Super Lights its the only tire i use now. They are tuff tires and last a long time, for the type of rideing I do those tires do the best. I liked Mud Lites but wore them out in a season, Gators are great in the mud and last a long time too but dont like them on the trails, Bearclaws last forever but dont handle mud very well...

I run all my tires at 6 psi and never had any bead seal leaks or breaks

·
Registered
514 Posts
you may want to check the bead, pull the tire off and step on it if you can break it, really needs to be resealed. If not you may want to just take a stiff brush and clean around the seat well with some soapy water over inflate the tires and let it set for a while then deflate them to the psi you want.
Good luck

·
Registered
560 Posts
Max
Just got the SuperLights. Still too much snow to really know how good they are but so far I really like them. They look great on the SS 106 wheels. Good to hear that they are tuff and wear well as that was my major reason for choosing them over Mud Lites.

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE ("harry":1pblptwn)
you may want to check the bead, pull the tire off and step on it if you can break it, really needs to be resealed. If not you may want to just take a stiff brush and clean around the seat well with some soapy water over inflate the tires and let it set for a while then deflate them to the psi you want.
Good luck
I agree some dirt is stuck between the bead and the tire. That always happens to me. I run 3 lbs in 27 bearclaws

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.